Thursday, April 22, 2010

Times Are Tough


I have been really struggling with food lately.  It's the curse of liking to eat.  When I was 20 I would have sworn up and down that I really didn't like to eat.  I was only fooling myself.  I love food.  I love how it tastes and I love how it is always there for me.  Except chocolate.  It always seems to be in short supply at our house.  I was at a 13 pound last week.  YAY!  I gained a pound this week.  BOOOOO!  I have been really struggling with just wanting to eat.  Okay...thin people, this means like eating because it is there, because you have an intense craving for one particular food item *cough* chocolate!  It's saying, "oh it's the weekend!"  Which is exactly what was discussed at Weight Watchers this past week.  I had to miss because Emily was sick.  Man she was sick!  She is better.  So what you have to do is look at it this way:  weekends and holidays constitute to one third of our calendar year.  Yep one third.  So that is three months of over-the-top eating.  This does not include birthday's, weddings, baby showers, family reunions, cruises, or any other time you can think of where food is involved.  Any church activity, no matter your religious preference is likely to be littered with all kinds of tempting creations! 

So what do you do when you have a love affair with food?  Well, you do exactly what I am planning on doing.  I am picking up and not starting over, but moving forward.  Why on earth would I start OVER!?  Doesn't it make more sense to move on!?  And so that is what I am doing.  I am moving on.  It's not an easy road, but then nothing worth having ever is.

Pounds lost 12!  Yay me.   

3 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Exactly. How do you scale back or change the way you eat when you LIKE the way you eat to begin with? Arg.

Unknown said...

I hear you sister! I LOVE to eat. I eat when I'm bored, sad, happy, having fun, or just whenever. I'm always up for a good tasty sweet snack. The bane of my existence. Move forward is a good motto.It's all about the lifestyle changes. :) Wanted to say hi and thanks for joining my blog!!

KK said...

I actually eat less on the weekends. Its during the week around people inviting me to go out that is the problem. I need the company, but not the calories!