Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fun Soup

I know it has been far too long since I last posted here!  Please don't give up on me.  I certainly have not given up.  I have about 8 pounds left.  EIGHT!  Do you think I can do that before the holidays are over?  Meh, me either.  Not because I lack confidence but because there's not much time left!  So I would like to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year.  Okay...now onto that Fun Soup.  If you are not a bean person this recipe is not for you.  But worry not, I will be posting others that are not bean filled.  If you like beans...this yummy soup is for you!  At two points per one cup you can't get a tastier deal.  Two points in calorie land would be in the neighborhood of 100-150 calories. 

Ingredients:

1 can fat free chicken broth
1 can corn (drain)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can fat free refried beans
1 jar of salsa (it doesn't specify mild, medium or hot, but I imagine the choice is yours)
1 can black beans (rinse and drain)
1 can of chicken or fresh cooked chicken breasts.

Are you ready for how hard it is to make?

Heat all together in a pot.  It gets better each day.   

This soup is super good.  Perfect for a cold day.  Tonight I made hot dogs for the kids and I had the soup for dinner.  Easy (since it was already made, thanks mom!) and very satisfying. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck with your goal. You can do it! And that soup sounds awesome. Thanks.

Holly Lefevre said...

You are so close...I am inspired...way to go Lourie!

The soup sounds delicious too! YUM!