Monday, January 3, 2011

In 2011 I Want To...

New Year's Resolutions?  Okay, if you want to call them that.  I think I will go with the Weight Watchers term:  Winning Outcomes!  So here are my winning outcomes for 2011.


  • Continue with the Weight Watchers program.  How:  By attending my weekly meetings and applying the things I learn along with trying new recipes.
  • Reach my personal goal...almost there.  How:  keeping track of what I eat.  Being careful of what I bring into the house.
  • Maintain my personal goal.  How:  Sticking with WW and attending my meetings.
  • Exercise at least one time a week.  Friday's...ZUMBA!  With exercise we need to be realistic.  We also need it to fit into our lifestyle.  I am not going to announce that I am going to take up running 5 times a week because I don't run.  And 5 times a week?  Really?  I admire those of you who do!!  Boy do I!  But for me...one time a week is one time a week more than I am doing right now!  I will increase this goal as I go on.
My other "winning outcomes" are not weight related, but I will still share them here. 

  • Decluttering my house.  This is not going to happen in one day or even 10.  I am giving myself 365!  On January 3. 2012 I hope to be able to see a marked difference.  I did it with my body, why not with my house!
  • Learning something new.  I haven't decided yet what that will be.  But I am going to learn something new this year.
Come back Wednesday for the first installment in 2011 of my continued weight loss journey.  I will be sharing new ideas and reminding us of some old tricks that still work!
What are your winning outcomes for 2011?

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

This time I'm going to exercise and QUIT LOOKING AT THE #(*%&)_* SCALE! Cause this isn't about the pounds, it's about getting stronger.

Amy said...

I love your "Winning outcomes." I think it is important for people to constantly have goals to work towards. Otherwise we would all get stagnant. Good luck with the decluttering!