Friday, August 20, 2010

Benefits


Aside from the obvious benefits of smaller clothes, and boosting the ego there are many other benefits.  Did you know that for every pound you lose, you relieve your knees of 5 pounds of pressure!?  Let me say that again, because it bears repeating.  For every ONE POUND you lose, you relieve you knees of FIVE POUNDS of pressure.  I don't like math, but I have lost 25 pounds.  That is 125 pounds of pressure.  Holy cow!  No wonder my knees were hurting!  What other things can it do when we eat healthier?  Well I haven't had my yearly yet, but I can't wait to see the numbers!!  My blood pressure was on the rise...for me normal is about 90/60.  Last October it was 130/80.  I can't wait to see the difference.  And then there are the cholesterol's.  The HDL's (good) will be up and hopefully the LDL's (the bad) will be down. 

Do you remember my post about Healthy Oils?  I have noticed a huge difference in my hair and skin.  There are so many benefits to this.  Aren't we worth those lovely benies??

2 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your wit in it,
excellent talk!

Sandra said...

I also have another positive point: there's nothing more satisfying than rocking a fab bod!...oh, but the point about the one pound taking pressure off the knees is good to know too :)