Monday, August 2, 2010

Storyboarding



I love Disney/Pixar films.  They are fantastic.  Is it any wonder why we all love them so much?  They certainly don't just throw something together and call it a day.  Days, weeks, months and years of planning, drawing, writing, on and on it goes until  they come to the final product.  The movie. 

How they start is with a storyboard. 


A storyboard to write/draw each action.  A space to insert the dialog which the characters will be speaking as the story unfolds.  These creators show a full storyboard to their artists.  Without the storyboards the artists wouldn't be able to bring the story to life.

Weight Watchers gives the same idea to its members.  That we should create a storyboard of our own. 

Start with a big star on top of your page.  Inside that star write your goal or "winning outcome" as they call it.  For me it is to lose 7 pounds.  I know it's a strange number, but it will put me into the next bracket of tens.  Which in turn brings me closer to my final goal. 

Next you write out a small list of things to help you achieve this winning outcome.  For me the list looks like this:

  1.  Continue attending Weight Watchers meetings
  2. Track what I eat each day
  3. use low and zero point alternative snacks 
  4. walk at least 3 times each week
Is there a time limit on when I should reach this goal?  Absolutely not.  I do not need that kind of pressure.  I do not do well under the clock.  As long as I get there, that is what is most important to me.  And how I arrive.

How will your storyboard look?

1 comment:

Jill said...

Great advice. Our lives are really our own stories, and how they turn out is up to us!